Figs are one of my favourite fruits. Both beautiful and sweet. This simple and elegant starter pairs beautifully with my Pomegranate Champagne cocktail, The Viajante, created especially for my masquerade supper club.
I used very creamy spreadable Camembert Creme. It is gloriously smooth and delicious. Feel free to use regular Camembert, in slices, if you wish.
Prosciutto Fig and Camembert Bruschetta
6 Figs, fresh and thinly sliced
4 Sourdough bread, thinly sliced
4 Slices prosciutto
135 g. President Camembert Creme Cheese
2 tsps. Balsamic vinegar glaze, to drizzle
1 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
1 tsp. Tarragon, dried to sprinkle atop (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Rocket leaves, as much or as little as you wish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place bread on baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil.
3. Spread a generous amount of Camembert creme on each slice of sourdough.
4. Place one slice of prosciutto atop cheese and arrange figs on top.
5. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, tarragon and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes
7. Serve immediately drizzled with balsamic glaze and top with a few rocket leaves.